Enhanced security and better performance with a help of automated inventory and audit processes.
RFID technology brings many benefits to asset tracking when compared to the traditional barcode identification, for example many of the labor intensive inventory audits can be automated - saving time and costs.
Asset management often requires strict policies, disciplined operations and labor intensive inventory audits. RFID is helping many leading enterprises to streamline and even automate their daily asset management operations - saving both time and money.
With RFID and supportive asset management system, asset locations and availability can be seen real time, which is the key for better asset utilization. Similarly, assets such as servers, blade servers and laptops containing sensitive company information can be secured by using RFID tags. With a help of RFID technology the time needed for inventorying can be cut to a fraction compared to manual inventory practices. Regular inventory audits are often needed to comply with financial control regulations such as Sarbanes-Oxley Act of 2002.
Additionally, such assets are expensive and their total quantity is large. These facts drive companies to track their IT assets in order to verify where their sensitive company data is located, how efficiently and by whom the assets are used. Detailed information on the IT asset and automated tracking of the asset location allows companies to prevent theft and prioritize the asset usage.
Typical requirements for IT asset RFID tags include compact size, efficient performance and compliance with the existing systems; Financial Services Technology Consortium’s (FSTC) RFID tagging requirements are good example of guidelines where the tag should also include 2D barcode and other visual data to in order to comply with specific industry’s needs. Confidex IT asset tag portfolio consists of tags both for retrofit and source tagging purposes. Confidex can also provide tags with full FSTC compliance, as the first company in the market.
Confidex offers a versatile set of RFID tags and labels for securing electrical devices, IT and enterprise assets, valuable items or tools.
Benefits to data center operators or enterprises
- RFID technology brings many benefits to asset tracking when compared to the traditional barcode identification, for example many of the labor intensive inventory audits can be automated - saving time and costs.
- Reduced inventory cycle times and improved accuracy of inventories.
- Additional security and visibility of IT assets (minimizing stolen or lost assets). Assets are easily located.
Benefits to end users
- Improved data and asset security. RFID technology can help to locate lost assets.
Suitable products for asset authentication
- Confidex Silverline label family
- Confidex Casey label family
- Confidex Steelwave Micro tags
Securing IT assets, electrical devices, enterprise assets, valuable items, documents or tools. Asset inventory management and tracking.
- Alog reference case
- US Social Security Administration
- Martela furniture identification
- Zetes Bicycle Identification
- Alog case study
- Zetes case study
- Social Security Administration Tracks Data-Center Assets
- Canada's Foreign Affairs Department Uses RFID to Track Assets Worldwide
- Juniper Putting RFID to Work to Track Products, Assets
- N.Y. State Agency Is More Energy-Efficient, Thanks to RFID
- India's Largest Media Company Builds RFID Into New Headquarters
- T-Systems, Intel Test RFID to Track Servers at Model Data Center